Have Questions? We are here to help
Always the correct part
We know our products
We ship all over the world
Burger Motorsports Dual BMS Turbo Double Baffle Oil Catch Can Kit for N54 BMW (Vacuum & Boost)
Dual BMS Turbo Double Baffle Oil Catch Can Kit for N54 BMW (Vacuum & Boost)
Keep Oil Out of your N54 BMW Air Intake System!
It's no secret that the N54 BMW turbo motors suffer from oil control problems causing oil to blow through and coat the intercooler and charge piping, gunking up intake valves and the VANOS system, lowering the effective octane, and generally degrading engine performance. The higher your boost levels the more apparent these problems become.
The solution to this problem has finally arrived. The BMS N54 oil catch can. While there are other catch cans on the market they all fall short in various areas. Some are mounted on the hot/turbo side of the motor preventing proper vapor condensation. Others utilize hoses that are too small and runs that are too long to allow proper PCV ventilation causing internal motor / ring sealing issues. Some have insufficient or no internal baffle system while others have internal baffles systems that are too restrictive. Some even bypass the PCV system all together venting crankcase gas and odor to the atmosphere. Most are simply repackaged oil catch cans from smaller / lower power motors shoe horned into place in the turbo BMW engine bay.
To solve these problems BMS designed their oil catch can kit from the ground up specifically for the turbo BMW application. It features 100% CNC machining with zero welding for a precision fit and long life. The can itself is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. The hoses exceed the OEM PCV piping in diameter and that flow rate is maintained throughout the entire oil catch can ensuring no excessive crankcase pressure buildup. The BMS OCC retains the factory fully closed loop PCV operation preventing any PCV vapor from leaking to atmosphere. The mounting locations are selected to minimize the line length, allow more efficient operation, and retain a stealth look. Install takes around 20 minutes, includes all required hardware, and is 100% reversible. Simply unscrew the base of the can or use the drain plug to safely dispose of captured oil with the rest of your used motor oil during oil changes.
The BMS vacuum side N54 OCC works in conjunction with our world-famous boost side N54 oil catch can to prevent engine oil and PCV gunk from coating your intake valves and hurting engine efficiency under engine vacuum operation. Our boost side OCC separates oil traveling through the PCV while the engine is operating under boost pressure (e.g. heavy throttle) and our vacuum side OCC separates oil traveling through the PCV while the engine is operating under vacuum (idle and low throttle). When used together they provide the ultimate protection keeping oil from coating your intake ports and valves during all phases of engine operation!
Our unique PCV adapter design does not require you to permanently cap/plug your PCV holes! Includes a high performance check valve that attaches directly to the vacuum source eliminating boost leaks within the system and also includes quick connect fittings and 3/8” hose for quick, easy, and clean installation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Increases Air Intake Efficiency
• Promotes Engine Longevity
• Non-Clogging Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• Free Flow Solid No Restriction Design
• Retains factory fully closed loop PCV operation
• Large Intake/Outlet No Tapering Down
• Stealth Mounting on Cool Side of the Motor
• Anodized Black Aluminum
• N54 Model Mounts Out of Sight Under the Cowl
• Made in USA & Guaranteed for Life
• Simply unscrew base every 3-6 months to empty or use the 1/8th NPT drain plug.
• Non-Clogging, No Service Needed Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• High flow to eliminate crankcase pressure caused by more restrictive designs
• Large 16mm+ inlet and outlet exceeds OEM PCV sizing
• Precision CNC Machined from Solid Blocks of High Grade Aluminum
BMW 1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe E88 Convertible 135i/1M (N54 Engine)
BMW 3 Series
• 2006-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335ix (N54 Engine/E chassis only)
• 2006-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335ix (N54 Engine/E chassis only)
• 2006-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335ix / 335is (N54 Engine/E chassis only)
• 2007-2013 E93 Convertible 335i / 335ix (N54 Engine/E chassis only)
BMW 5 Series
• 2008-2010 E60 Sedan and E61 Touring 535i and 535iX
Note: We make oil catch cans for N55, N20, N26, B48, B58, S55, and S63tu BMW engines.
Can dimensions with lid: 4.4" (111mm) Tall
Can Diameter: 2.7" (68.5mm)
Lid Length: Back to nozzle end: 4" (101mm)
Nozzle Outer Diameter: .75" (19.2mm)
Nozzle Inner Diameter: 0.669" (17mm)
Can Capacity: 2.5 oz (74 ml)
- For original Boost Side N54 kits
BMW Oil Catch Can N54 Engine without PCV Nipple (V1)
For N54 Boost Side kits including our new adapter
- BMW Oil Catch Can N54 Engine without PCV Nipple (V2 Shown Above)